Friday, November 14, 2008

Goofy Error and Cool library

Goofy Error
While working on a VB 2005 application (backup application to do multi-generational backups of critical files), I got a rather strange error. The error was 
"The item "obj\Debug\BackupConfig.BackupJobForm.resources" was specified more than once in the "Resources" parameter.  Duplicate items are not supported by the "Resources" parameter. BackupConfig"

I did a little googling, and tried to delete the obj folder under the application.  It did nothing.

I wound up having to delete the form and start over again.  I think it had to do with the form being saved as "FORM1" and then renamed to "BACKUPJOBFORM".  I think that the dependent files (aka the. resx and the .designer files) somehow got corrupted.
Library
I ran across an cool open source library that encapsulates zip file compression for dot net apps.  
Here is the link for some example code (VB of course). 

No comments: